Installation Of Bonethane & IPA Acrylic Splashbacks & Wall Panels
IPA Acrylic Splashback Installation Tutorial - YouTube DIY Acrylic polymer splashback installation tutorial
Do Not Confuse BONETHANE PREMIUM WITH IPA ACRYLIC, THEY CUT DIFFERENTLY!!!!
BELOW STEPS 1 to 9 are Special cutting instructions for cutting IPA Acrylic.
- NOTE: IPA Acrylic can be adhered to the wall with the same silicone process as Bonethane Premium in a grid format & a 1 to 2mm gap should reside around the parameter of the sheet for placement on the wall.
- The cutting & drilling instructions in steps 1 to 9 for Bonethane Premium DO NOT apply to cutting & drilling of IPA Acrylic series splashbacks and Wall Panels.
- Before you install your splashback:
- When mounting and applying silicone to Bonethane or IPA polymer splashbacks to the wall, for good adhesion it is advised to mount sheets to gyprock surface or laminate to fiber cement sheeting.
- Bricks and concrete are not suitable as the silicone can separate from this surface over time.
- It is important to line your wall if brick or concrete is exposed.
- Check the grade of material you have to determine the correct install process.
- Check that the colour is correct by peeling back the top left corner a few cm only.
- Do not attempt to cut or install if colour is incorrect. Contact ISPS Innovations to discuss. Cutting the sheet will will void any refund that may apply.
- As all goods are made as a special order we do not accept return of goods for wrong colour choice.
- On Cut to size or cut to shape Splashbacks please check all measurements prior to install and register with ISPS, do not install if there is a discrepancy.
- SEE OUR TIPS BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT TO CUT YOUR POLYMER SHEET.
- DO NOT BEND SHEET.
- ENSURES SHEETS ARE BRACED & LEVEL BEFORE CUTTING.
- USE FULLY CHARGED AND SHARP TOOLS.
- USE NEUTRAL CURE SILICONE IN CLEAR ONLY FOR ADHERING TO THE WALL!
- When cutting printed panels do not cut where image follows on to a second sheet. Only cut from the external sides as long as it does not impact the image. If images are perfectly aligned in height, only cut from same side, as images are married in height for follow on of image.
- When installing sheets into corners and two sheets over lap, it is important that the wall corners are painted the same colour as the sheet. This eliminate the water proofing colour peering through sheet profile.
- DO NOT USE LIQUED NAILS TO INSTALL SHEETS. USE ONLY CLEAR NEUTRAL CURE SILICONE.
- FOR SILICONE SPILLS, DO NOT USE WATER TO REMOVE THIS WILL SMEAR> CONTACT ISPS AND WE WILL PROVIDE YOU A SOLUTION FOR REMOVING SILICONE FROM THE FACE OF THE SHEET. THIS PRODUCT APPEARS IN YOUR DATA SHEET FOR INSTALL..
- DO NOT USE ACETONE TO CLEAN SPLASHBACKS
- DO NOT DRY POLISH BONETHANE OR IPA ACRYLIC. TO CLEAN: SIMPLY WIPE WITH CLEAN DAMP CLOTH AND ALLOW IPA ACRYLIC TO AIR DRY AND SHINE.
- DO NOT USE ACIDIC VARNISHES ON FLOORS LIKE SEALANTS, OILS, AS WHEN SLOW CURING VAPOURS ARE RELEASED THIS CAN DAMAGE THE COATING ON THE BACK OF SPLASHBACKS
Bonethane & IPA Acrylic Splashback Installation Guide
- Use Parfix All Purpose neutral cure in clear as silicone adhesive. Prior to install & cutting of your Bonethane sheet check colour, slightly peel back masking in the top left corner. For multiple sheets & consistency order from same colour batch. Do not use the colour on the Bonethane brochure as a guide for our standard colour range.
THERE IS PROTECTIVE FILM ON THE FACE OF SHEET YOU HAVE PURCHASED. THIS IS THE GLOSSY SIDE ONCE MASKING IS PEELED OFF. THE TEXTURED SIDE IS GRIPTEK, THIS IS THE BACK OF THE SHEET AND IS MOUNTED TO THE WALL.
DO NOT USE LIQUED NAILS OR ACIDIC SILICONES, PAINT OR GLUE. STRICTLY NEUTRAL CURE SILICONE IN CLEAR. WE SUGGEST PARFIX ALL PURPOSE.
- Before installing Bonethane Splashbacks & IPA Acrylic
- Lay Polymer Sheet flat for first 3 hours prior to installation.
- Ensure that wall is level and flush forming even flat surface for placement of your Polymer Splashback
- Ensure your wall is prepared correctly free from holes & areas water proofed & cured accordingly
- If installing a printed splashback ensure your wall is painted white using water based paint and ensure the paint is fully cured before placing silione and sheet on the wall.
- Measure the outside perimeter of the wall, length & height, allowing a 1 to 2mm gap all around the area of the polymer sheet
- For example if you: measure 500 height by 500 length, your cut out area should be 498 x 498 (2mm).
- It is important that the 1 to 2mm gap is followed to allow Bonethane Premium or IPA to expand & contract. Also measure section for cut out(s) i.e. power points, angles etc.
- When measuring power hole cut outs measure from the edge to the centre both vertical and horizonal
- On the perimeter of Bonethane Premium and IPA Acrylic allow a 1 to 2mm gap all around.
- The tile wedge will be placed around the perimeter of the millimetre gap once clear silicone is applied to back & placed upright, against the wall.
- The tile wedge will hold the Polymer Splashback in place (more information about this at Step 8).
- TIP - Always measure your Polymer Splashback prior to install even if ISPS has cut the sheet.
- It is important to place the Polymer Sheet face down (masked side down) in preparation for cutting.
- The area for the preparation of cutting must be free of obstacles, on a solid flat, non slip surface & in a well ventilated & lit area.
- Ensure the Polymer Sheet is firmly secure in preparation for cutting.
- TIP - Do not install Bonethane or IPA Acrylic unless edges are lightly sanded, This will address any saw marks that can shadow the edges with natural light, this process takes 2 minutes.
- Cut splashback once perimeter & cut out(s) measurements are final, making sure the Polymer is face down (that is the masked side is touching the flat level non slip surface & the coated side is facing you).
- Power hole cut outs vary on the power switch.
- The cut out should not be greater than the covering plate.
- An electrician will also need to connect electricity if you have extra outlets.
- From one side measure one long edge to the centre of the power switch, then meaure one short edge to the centre of the power switch.
- To cut drill 4 holes with in the covering square template, then cut out shape with a jigsaw.
- Switch off electricity for your safety!!!
- Add strictly clear non acidic silicone to the coated side of Bonethane (this is the side that does not have protective film),
- First vertically from the top, then horizontally creating a grid of squares around 10 to 15 cm in width and length.
- After the clear silicone grid process, mount Bonethane Premium, onto wall, inserting cables through power hole cut outs, securing tile wedges around the 1 & 2mm allocated perimeter. Leave tile wedges for approximately 2 hours. The same silcone grid effect can be applied to IPA Acrylic Series.
- Clean surrounding areas free from saw dust particles.
- Peel off protective film from Bonethane Premium face once you are satisfied with secure placement.
- Finally use silicone clear non acidic to seal 2mm exposed ends.
- The product you choose should display instructions. ISPS recommend parfix all Purpose neutral cure silicone for kitchen and bathroom areas
- Clear is always the safest choice, white is effective if you have a steady hand or you may seek the services of a professional.
- Follow instructions for silicone application.